As anyone who knows about chakras will tell you, it is our thoughts, which create our reality. This is the basis for magick as well, which may help to explain why so many witches have studied and learned to use their chakras within their magick. As practitioners of witchcraft, we know that with intent, will, and thought, we create and control that which surrounds us.
Keeping your chakras balanced is a simple matter of using affirmations to create the reality of balanced chakras. Each chakra is a center of energy and each energy is specialized to a specific chakra. As such, affirmations should be tailored to the energy of the individualized chakra.
To begin, you may choose to sit upright with proper posture or lie flat and straight. Make certain you are in a comfortable position that will not distract you from the task of centering and balancing your chakras. Prepare yourself with diaphragmatic (deep and measured) breathing.
Take your time as you work through each chakra and visualize each one as a wheel spinning in a clockwise direction pointing out from your body. You should visualize each one as the correct color associated with each chakra. As you visualize the chakra glowing repeat the affirmations aloud or think them silently to yourself, which ever you prefer.
- Root Chakra – This one is found at the base of your spine. It should be a deep red. This chakra corresponds to your basic human instincts of self-preservation, inherited beliefs and identification with the physical world, survival, security, and stability.
Affirmation: I am a stable and dependable person. I can survive and thrive in this world.
- Sacral Chakra – This one is found directly beneath your navel. It should be a deep, dark orange. This chakra corresponds to relationships, creativity, sexuality, control and money, spiritual passion, and reproduction.
Affirmation: I am a creative and prosperous person. I have successful relationships filled with passion.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – This one is found directly over your stomach and above the navel. It should be a full and vibrant yellow. This chakra corresponds to intelligence, growth, your personal power, self-esteem, self-honoring, and spiritual evolution.
Affirmation: I am an intelligent and powerful person. I respect myself and honor myself as I grow in spirit.
- Heart Chakra – This one is found in the very center of your chest over your heart. It should be a vivid green. This chakra corresponds to the sacred spark of the divine, intuition, forgiveness, compassion, well-being, and unconditional love.
Affirmation: I am a forgiving and compassionate person. I trust my intuition to lead me to increase my well-being and guide me to those who deserve unconditional love.
- Throat Chakra – This one is found at the base of your throat. It should be a rich, pale blue. This chakra corresponds to truth, willpower, self-empowerment, independence, the ability to trust, communication of thoughts and ideas, and maturity.
Affirmation: I am honest, empowered, and independent. I communicate well, give and deserve trust, and have great willpower.
- Third Eye Chakra – This one is found in the very center of your forehead, just between your eyebrows. It should be a dark and lustrous blue. This chakra corresponds to your ability to experience self-realization, the ability to envision or visualize, perception, access divine vision, experience inner guidance, use intuitive clarity, and release repressed emotions.
Affirmation: I can see myself clearly and trust my inner voice. My perception and intuitive clarity lead me to excel.
- Crown Chakra – This one is found on the top of your head just as a crown would be. It should be a provocative violet. This chakra corresponds to your attaining enlightenment, to the awakening of your consciousness, inspiration, and divination.
Affirmation: I gain enlightenment and inspiration from all around me. My consciousness grows daily as I divine the correct path for myself.
Chakra balancing affirmations can create extraordinary revolutions in our spiritual healing journey. There can be nothing more effective and trans-formative than using your very own power of thought to bring positive changes in your body, mind and soul.